Sunday, August 15, 2010

Girl Power!!!

As a man, I often feel the need to assert my masculinity by doing things like moving heavy objects, or removing hot pots from the stove with my bare hands.

After this last Sunday, however, I must give it up for girl power... well, technically it was senior citizen lady power.

Many of our congregants this week were gone working at a church camp. Another family had relatives from out of town, and weren't able to be at church. Several others who come sometimes and not others didn't come this week. Put together all of those random things, and our church service had six members. Apart from Ashley and I, it was Jan (88), Janelle (70-ish), Alice (78), and Fern (88).

The other thing that was different about this past Sunday was that everything had to be picked up. EVERYTHING. We meet in a Jr. High cafeteria, and this week they've been resurfacing the floor, so all of our stuff had to be put away. Allow me to list all or our stuff.

- Stand-alone Projector Screen
- Sound System
- 50 Stacking Chairs
- 5+ Fold-Into-The-Wall Cafeteria Tables
- 10+ Fold-Into-The-Wall Cafeteria Benches

We thought it would take forever. We thought we would be there an extra hour cleaning up. We were leaving for vacation as soon as we were done, so we were ancy. We finished the service and started cleaning up. I got going with the sound system, and by the time I was done, so was everyone else - girl power. All of those ladies jumped in and helped - girl power. Ashley said that at one point she looked over and Fern had discarded her walker and was stacking chairs - girl power.

Men being manly can be useful, but I have learned this week to never underestimate girl power.

No comments:

Post a Comment