Thursday, June 17, 2010

His Plans are Better

Anyone ever have those moments when you feel like you're walking in haze, grinning from ear to ear, totally incapable of snapping back into reality? Whew, my haze is thick right now.

I am officially a high school English teacher. And I'm grinning just thinking about it.

God is faithful.

I think back to the 13-year-old child who wanted to be a doctor. The 13-year-old who decided she was never getting married because she wanted to be an optometrist on the mission field, loving people in celibacy.

And here I am, ten years later, loving the man I said "I do" to, loving him more every day I am blessed to call him mine, and completely content and still in the ministry God has defined in my heart: teaching.

My heart jumps just thinking about having my own classroom. My own sphere of influence. My own students.

God is good.

I interviewed Monday, and was officially hired Thursday morning. This morning. Who knew three days could feel like an entire lifetime? And who knew I wouldn't be able to wipe this smile off my face.

The plans my 13-year-old head mapped out weren't bad. But this plan is so much better. This plan still includes service, love, mercy, grace, and justice. But this plan allows me to be alongside this tenderhearted and gentle husband of mine, serving with him in this valley. This plan allows me to live a testimony to children in desperate need of the Good News.

This plan is perfect.

And I find myself more elated than ever to step into a classroom as Mrs. Blain.

God is working.

1 comment:

  1. Can't describe how excited I am for you. It seems like it takes forever sometimes, but God's timing is perfect... as cliche as that seems! So proud of you and so thrilled to see you in this role! Now I'll be looking forward to the stories of your students!

    ReplyDelete