Monday, March 14, 2011

Bus Driver

Well, It's official folks, I, Joshua James Bartholomew, am the newest bus driver employed by Kamiah School District.

Ash and I see this as such a clear reminder of God' provision. Around August or September, I had inquired about any open positions at the bus garage. They were looking for a substitute, and would be happy to train me, after I passed my written test with the DMV. Well, life went on, and it never happened. Months passed.

About two months ago I called in and asked if they still needed help and if they would still train me. They said yes.

There was a new position opening up because they were adding a new route and needed a driver fast. When I started training there was also someone else training, and one of us would be a sub and one of us wound get the route position.

When I went into the district office to get the application, reference forms, fingerprint cards, etc., I brought up the fact that I had applied to substitute teach in early 2010. They pulled up my file, and all of the paperwork I had filled out earlier was exactly what they needed. I had been approved to work already, and the only thing I lacked to start working was my CDL, which was in process.

Two weeks later I was driving a new route for the school.

I am amazed at how God provides. All of the pieces fell into place at all the right times.

It's an interesting job, and the students keep me on my toes, but I'm enjoying it, and I'm thankful for God's provision.

1 comment:

  1. Bet the kids think you are the coolest! Thanks to both of you for the baby blankets...

    Brenton & Kel

    ReplyDelete