Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Sour Sense of Humor

Josh has officially earned 'pay-back points.' And I am genuinely worried.

But I'm still laughing as I type this.

This morning, we woke up and took care of our morning routines and readied ourselves to embrace the day.

This really wasn't an abnormal day by any means, but I'm afraid Josh may never forgive me for the interruption during our breakfast preparation.

I was making coffee, and Josh went in search of a non-coffee, non-dairy breakfast drink....and he's trying to stop drinking pop.

He hates milk...hates coffee...hates tea...hates water...he loves pop, but can't have any more this week...

But we did have some apple juice.

Here's the kicker. Yesterday, I had some apple juice. And it was rancid. We left for a week of camp, so it just sat in the fridge with no one to drink it for a whole week.

I really did have the best of intentions to throw it out yesterday but got busy and it completely slipped my mind.

So there it sat. Inviting, cold apple juice. And Josh poured himself a huge glass.

And I watched it all happen.

Josh took a huge gulp, then bulged out his eyes, ran to the sink, and spat out the juice. Then he screamed, "It's rotten!"

I erupted in laughter, and was therefore discovered for the knowledge I had of the apple juice but did not share.

Josh, without the comical expressions I was donning, said, "You let me taste the fermented drink!!!!"

I know, right? Further cause for laughter.

So now, I'm watching my back. And my drinks. Pay-backs are never as funny as initiation acts, are they?

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, I am laughing hysterically! but don't tell Josh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW, BELINDA!!! And I'm very offended...

    Actually, I have to admit that it's pretty funny.

    -Josh

    ReplyDelete