Saturday, April 23, 2011

Give me the Son, With all His Beams Full Dazzling!

You would think, after countless moments of God revealing his faithfulness, I would expect him to pull through before I expected him to ignore me.

Until today, the sun forgot about the existence of Kooskia, Idaho, leaving us off its daily appearance list. We live in the valley that the sun boycotts, but today, those cheery rays graced us once again.

Monday, it hailed. Tuesday, it snowed. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, it rained. Six weeks of dark and wet weather. That's 42 days...1,008 hours...60,480 minutes...3,628,800 seconds. Can you sense my depression expanding!?!?

But today, yellow beaming, warmth dripping, full-body surrounding SUN!!!

Josh is in the yard, with one of the cutest 8-year-olds I've ever seen, doing yard work. The mower is running, the boy is laughing, Josh is hollering over the noise, and I'm digging out fifteen hard-earned dollars for David, our new 3rd grade landscaper.

This morning our church had its first community event. Alongside the Chamber of Commerce, Eternal Hope Wesleyan Church put on an Easter egg hunt in the park. Nearly 150 kids, with probably 150 additional adults, showed up, baskets in tow, ready to "hunt the wabbit."

I checked my watch when Josh announced the hunt to begin- 10:02. At 10:04, there were no more eggs to be found. In two minutes, 150 children gathered over 2,000 Easter eggs! What a sight to see!

Along with the sun, God has remembered that Josh and I are still here, trying to reach this valley with His light. The winters are so long, but the Light is coming! Hope is on His way.

Doors are opening, and we find ourselves so very blessed.

Josh has been asked to speak at the community bachiloriette the end of May, my senior students have asked me to give the benediction at their graduation ceremony, and Josh has been asked to preach at the community Church in the Park this summer. Slowly, we are seeing the community embrace us, and we are praying that God will grow the body here in this little valley.

The winters may be long...as C.S. Lewis states in Narnia, "Always winter, never spring"...but the plum trees are showing their blooms, the grass is beginning to grow, the hills are turning green, and the Light is eating the dark. As promised, the Son will thrive.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Two minutes? TWO MINUTES and 2,000 EGGS?! That's unbelievable!

    Have a great Easter - I'll pray the sun shines on you!

    ReplyDelete