Friday, December 24, 2010

May Christmas Eve Find You Well

Josh and I just spent a wonderful week in Kansas with the Lesslie/Hada clan, and it was refreshing to be in the Mid West again. It blows my mind to realize the stark difference of cultures between Kansas/Oklahoma and Idaho/Washington, but it also kind of makes me smile.

I flew back to Kansas in October to visit family, but this was Josh's first time back for nearly a year (let's just say I've missed it much more than he has!). Who knew Kansans were so friendly!

We are currently sitting in the Seattle Airport, waiting for our last connection to once again greet the fog, coniferous trees, and mountains of our valley. And it will be good to be home.

As I sit and watch (one of my favorite pastimes in airports) I am once again more aware of how richly blessed Josh and I are, not only because we found one another in this world of mates, but also because we share something that makes life so much more worth waking up to: Christ.

As people hustle and bustle from plane to plane, chewing flight attendants and gate workers out, I am in awe of courtesy, or the lack thereof.

When did Christmas become this chaos?

Flying truly reveals how people handle stress, and today we've seen people yell, cut in lines, and flat out break down weeping.

And as I sit in this little corner of the Seattle Airport, I find myself just wanting to be with family, and away from this fast-paced mayhem.

Austin, Josh's youngest brother, just got in from Rome, so I guarantee his flying experience was much more stressful than either of ours this Christmas, so I am looking forward to peace and laughter once we find ourselves with our wonderful Blain clan.

Wherever you find yourselves this Christmas, may the Lord bless you and keep you as you celebrate the birth of our beautiful Savior, and may you overlook the holiday stresses that distract from the real reason of this season.

1 comment: