Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Digress...

I am weary.

I think, no, I am convinced I am looking forward to Christmas break more than my students. And they are the reason.

I love them. Truly. They have slipped into my heart and I genuinely cherish them. But some days, enough is enough.

Who ever knew a 5-paragraph research paper was asking for the moon? I missed that moment of reality somewhere along the journey. If those little turkeys would just focus their energy on DOING the paper, instead of trying to talk me into pushing back the due date, they would all be finished by now. Or even yesterday. Or last week.

I slave-drive all day, get home and do homework, then drag my weary body to bed. Sleep a few hours. Wake-up. Tell Josh good-bye. And start over. This routine is getting old.

I write not to claim "Poor me," but rather to remind myself that it probably could be much worse.

I had a parent come in after school today, and I knew it was coming. When I'm a parent, will I automatically think my child is always right? Or perfect? Or brilliant? Someone slap me if that happens. Bring me back to reality.

So here I've sat, churning over the day's events, and I all can claim is, "And I thought yesterday was tough."

I didn't know what tough was yesterday.

And so...I digress. Life might just have to be stinky for a season. Research season.

No comments:

Post a Comment