Friday, September 3, 2010

Weekend of Labor

This time last year, Josh and I were rushing to Springfield for the arrival of the cutest nephew around, Martin Alfred. He was a month early, most definitely an unexpected arrival, but perfect in every way.

This year for the weekend of labor, I'm visiting another baby, Lane Evan. My best friend from high school, Carrie, and her husband Lyn, have a 4 pound addition to their family. Lane was just a week early, but had complications the doctor didn't catch, so he's spending his first few weeks at the Infant Hilton in Ohio. I'll catch a flight in just six hours, and head to the Buckeye state for the weekend to celebrate the arrival of the smallest Miller name sake.

Carrie and Lyn were married in November of 2008, and I was privileged to be Carrie's maid of honor. Then, in May of 2009, Carrie stood up with me for the Lesslie-Blain wedding extravaganza. I cherish the friendship we started as 14-year-olds in freshman speech class more than I can say.
November 14, 2008


May 23, 2009

To celebrate the long weekend, Josh is out camping with Eternal Hope Wesleyan Church members and Weippe Wesleyan church members, which is making my life a bit emotional. Who knew I could miss that man so much? He's only been gone for one day, and I'm a mess! The worst part is that we can't talk to each other, because there is no cell service in most of Idaho, especially the camping areas. We haven't gone a day without talking to each other since 2008...and I'm not handling it as gracefully as I anticipated. Maybe I'm not quite as independent as I once thought!

And one more sliver of information for the Labor Day Weekend...

Blake and Tina are expecting in late April!!! And just like when I heard the news of Martin, I screamed, laughed a little, and then burst into tears. I love being an aunt, and apparently cry every time a baby is added to that magnificent title.

1 comment: