Monday, September 20, 2010

Technology, You Stink!

I'm still chugging away on my Master's degree, playing trapeze artist trying to juggle too many flaming torches while riding a bicycle down a tight-rope, and my computer crashed.

Working on an MAT alone is hefty work, especially during my first year teaching, but the task is quite difficult when your hard drive goes down.

I'll be honest- the Master's work didn't worry me too much. Josh has a laptop I can work on. But my pictures? I am lamenting over them. Years of college, traveling, and engagement memories...gone. Why didn't I print all of those pictures when I had the chance?! Can you hear my lamenting?!

Don's computer crashed earlier this spring, and I felt bad, but I didn't really have sympathy. Now I have total understanding of how life-altering the world becomes when a computer dies. And memories die with it.

Okay, enough lamenting. Josh did take my computer in to "The Mac Guy." I do still have a working laptop, but it doesn't have Microsoft Office, iPhoto, or my thousands of pictures documenting life from these last five years. Apparently Mr. Mac Guy couldn't salvage anything from the hard drive.

Isn't it amazing how someone can mourn digital media?

And such is life, and all I have to say is, "Technology, you stink!" But please, don't ever quit working again!

No comments:

Post a Comment