Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Morning Thoughts

I'm up early, which is strange- can't sleep. The Christmas tree lights are on, the valley is still dark, our two Schnauzers are curled up at my feet, there is a hot cup of coffee on the table beside me, and Josh is sleeping.

The day hasn't quite started yet, and even though our small house is peaceful and unchanged, with flecks of snow nestled around the edges, my heart is restless, ready for the change coming.

Josh and I spent last night in Weippe with Don and Patty, who I am ever proud to call parents, and very blessed to call friends. We've spent hundreds of evenings in their house- laughing, eating, crying, joking- but this time, we didn't sit around the table to play games, we sat around a very bare living room, with boxes decorating the floors.

It will be so hard to tell Don and Patty goodbye as they head for South Dakota. Josh and I are so excited for the adventures that lie ahead for them, but we're grieving for ourselves.

This will be a lonely valley.

I guess this isn't a blog where I have much to say. Change can be exciting and we can be eager for it, but when we have to sit back and watch others go first, driving Change, it's really hard to be left at the curb, waving goodbye.

Please join me in prayer for Don and Patty as they go. I know God has something wonderful in store for them! And I know God can take care of Josh and I here, too.

2 comments: