Friday, November 4, 2011

Trick Or Treat!

Well, kids, it's time for the LesslieBlain Odyssey's inaugural Halloween post, so get out your favorite costume and your bowl of goodies. Here goes.

This is the first year that Ashley and I have given candy to trick-or-treaters. I'd like to share a few of our favorite quotes from the kids who visited our house.

As I opened the door to two very young kids, I said "Hi guys!" A three-year-old girl quickly piped back "Hi guys!"

When Ashley asked a girl if she was supposed to be a fairy princess, she confidently replied "No. I'm a fairy princess."

One very eager boy, before we had given him any candy, spouted out "Thank yo-- I mean trick or treat!"

Ashley opened the door to one very short, very stout trick-or-treater who only had visible eyes. She said, "Happy Halloween! Are you having fun tonight?" The candy hunter replied in a deep, not-so-childish voice, "I'm having a great time." That trick-or-treater was no eight-year-old...and he was way more trick than treat.

I even gave out candy to the kids on my bus - as they got off, of course. One fourth grader was so blown away by the gesture that he forgot what holiday it was, and blurted out "Thanks! Merry Christmas!"

Hope you had a great Halloween! See you next time.

Oh, and Ashley and I also found this hilarious. Especially the last video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQpbzQ6gzs&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

No comments:

Post a Comment